I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Parenting Through God's Word!


Callie snapped this picture in the car the other day as she was holding my hand. What a precious moment that I will cherish! Even more so precious are the moments with her when we can sit and talk about all that's going on in her life. She asks questions and then listens as I share my knowledge from walking that previous road as a 14-year-old girl and sharing what scripture has for her. I know there will be a day when hand-holding and deep conversations won't be as many as now so I'll treasure each moment to love on her and pour God's Word into her! Priceless!

The moments with each of my children are treasured! God blessed me as mom over these three amazing souls and not a day goes by that I don't thank Him for this gift. I love the conversations with my sweet boys as well and I'm so grateful that all our children engage us in matters of the heart. Those matters aren't always pleasant but life is hard and God instructs us through His Word and provides comfort and guidance. Life is messy but God is always good!

Parenting is hard but it is also the greatest blessing! Parenting is so much more than taking care of their physical needs. We are also commanded to pour scripture into them and raise them in God's Word. That can be difficult because not only are we to open the Word and teach but we are to model the example of Christ to them. They are watching!

What a humbling realization!

I want to be a parent that walks the talk! I want to be a parent that lives God's Word so that my children see Christ in me. I want to treasure each moment with them and pour the love of God in them. Even during those difficult days, I want God's light shining brightly through me!

Lord, help us raise another generation that loves and seeks YOU! These blessings are yours, Lord, and what an honor you have placed on me to be called their mom! Father, your will be done in each of their lives and may your mighty hand guide them all their days!

"Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates."
Deuteronomy 6:4-9 (NIV)

"But don’t just listen to God’s word. You must do what it says. Otherwise, you are only fooling yourselves."
James 1:22 (NLT)

"Children are a gift from the LORD; they are a reward from him."

Psalms 127:3 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment