I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Saturday, December 29, 2012

~ Being Still In His Presence ~

I came downstairs this morning to sit in my quiet living room with the Christmas lights on, drink my cup of coffee, and soak in the Word of God. What I found when I came down was my sweet Caleb in his brand new fleece "Avenger" pajamas cuddled up on the couch watching cartoons on his Nook.  I love that precious child and tomorrow we will celebrate his 9th birthday. The random things that come out of his "always-thinking" brain, keep me on my toes. Haha! So, we will share the living room, BUT he will have to use headphones! Lol!

We are not ones to take our Christmas decorations down the day after Christmas or even a few days after, OR on Christmas Day as some of you who will remain nameless. lol! We leave them up usually till the New Year, mainly because we do not get the opportunity to sit and enjoy them till the week after Christmas. I love sitting in my cozy living room with only the beautifully colored lights of the tree on, wonderful scented candles flickering, a cup of coffee in my hand, and my Bible opened on my lap. I could stay like this for hours and just revel in this time. In the quiet of this time, God reveals his presence so powerfully! O, sweet Father sharing his warmth and love over me, giving me guidance and comfort from his Word, and convicting my heart in areas that he needs to correct. 

I have had people tell me that they don't experience God in those ways. My first question is, "Have you stopped long enough to be still in his presence and listen?" There are times we want to sense his presence and hear his Word but we don't want to be still long enough to get it. We want God to move along with us because we are busy and just give it to us.  Dear friend, that is where we miss out greatly! God's Word tells us to be still. 

"Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!" 
Psalms 46:10 (ESV)

In HIS presence, quiet and listening! No greater place to be! 

This morning my focus is on finishing 2012 strong and beginning the new year ahead. My prayer is "God, what is your will  for me in 2013 and how can I close 2012 for your glory?" I have new journeys in front of me and journeys that are still in progress but you see, it's all about HIM! Every journey, every endeavor, every path is all for HIS glory and honor! If I don't have that focus then I'm sadly mistaken. All my thoughts and plans should be God-focused and I can only do that by staying in his Word, listening in the stillness of his presence, and praying for a clean heart. I fail so often but my loving Father gently corrects me and draws me back. He guides me to his ways, sometimes I'm not as willing as other times, but nonetheless he continues. I'm so thankful to have a Father who loves me so much! 

I don't know where you are today. I don't know what journeys you are on. All our journeys are different but they're uniquely ours.  They all need the guidance and direction from a Heavenly Father who desires the best for his children. I urge you today, to sit quietly in His presence for guidance. Pray for a clean and undivided heart. Seek through the pages of Scripture for his promises. Commit your journey to him and allow him to take the reigns. I promise it will be the greatest ride of your life. Not always the easiest, but it will bring the most reward.  The treasures you accumulate along the way will never amount to what this world could ever give you. Heavenly treasures that bring our God glory! 

“Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal;    but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal.    For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
Matthew 6:19-21 (NKJV)

Pray these scriptures today and commit this day to him!

"Teach me your way, O  Lord, and I will walk in your truth;  give me an undivided heart,  that I may fear your name."
 Psalms 86:11 (NIV84)

"Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you."
Psalms 25:4- 5 (NLT)

"Commit your future to the  Lord! Trust in him, and he will act on your behalf."
Psalms 37:5 (NET)

No comments:

Post a Comment