I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

~ A Prayer of Hope at Station # 4 ~


Today, Caleb had his 6-month checkup in Chapel Hill and we've been there so many times that he knows the drill. We go in, get our number, wait to be called for check in, then go to another waiting room to wait and be called for the doctor. Today we were called to check in at station number 4 where a sweet nurse began taking all our information. She was smitten with Caleb as he was just being his normal self smiling and talking. As we were about to finish up, I noticed the book "Jesus Calling" on the side of her desk and I told her what a blessing that book has been to me. She told me that a friend recommended it to her because she was going through a really tough time personally. I expressed my sympathy and told her that staying close to the Lord will give her strength for the difficult journey in her midst.

With just that bit of compassion for this hurting soul, she began to open up to me and explained that her husband of 28 years decided he did not want to be married anymore and walked out. He had begun drinking, which he had never done before, and decided to walk away from their lives together. She was devastated! As tears flowed down her face, I could feel her loneliness and desperation for answers and hope.  I took a few minutes to share with her the One who will never leave her and encouraged her to surround herself with those that will uplift her in God's Word. We spoke for a few minutes and as it was time to head to our next waiting location, I asked if I could pray for her. With a look of surprise on her tear stained face, she gratefully accepted. I took this sweet lady's hands in mine and prayed over her, her husband, and her marriage. I prayed that God would do a mighty work in her husband's heart and restore this beautiful covenant of marriage that was sealed 28 years ago to be sweeter than ever. A marriage that would bring Him glory!

As our time ended, she wiped her face and thanked us for being such an encouragement to her. What an incredible blessing! In God's divine providence, he orchestrated this beautiful time of prayer and hope between two strangers, in a children's hospital in Chapel Hill, NC, at station number 4. He is amazing God!

When I woke up this morning, I had no idea all the plans God had in store for me. I did pray, like I do every morning, that God would open my eyes and heart to opportunities to serve him and share the love of Christ. I praise him that I did not miss it! I praise him that, today, he put a precious soul by the name of Tammy in my path to encourage and share hope with. I don't ever want to miss those opportunities. God is hope! God is love! God is healer! I want the world to know all that He is!

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."
Romans 15:13

As you continue your week, pray for opportunities to share the love of Christ with someone. There are so many hurting souls and we can share the hope that we have in Christ! What an incredible blessing that is! Keep your hearts open and don't miss out!

"My purpose is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ"
Colossians 2:2

No comments:

Post a Comment