I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Thursday, December 27, 2012

~ Living My Dream ~

We spent the entire day after Christmas in our pajamas, watching movies, playing board games, and enjoying the precious gift of family! It was so wonderful that we may just do the same today! Well, with a little different twist to it. Haha! We will stay home, but we won't have the same pajamas on and we will be doing laundry and some other household duties that need to be done. 

I do believe that my favorite week of the whole year is the week after Christmas! That is the one week that we are all home, no schedules to keep, and we can slow down from the busy year, take a big sigh of relief, and enjoy the blessing of family!

From the time I was a young girl, I used to dream about having a loving husband and a family to take care of. The Lord granted me that high honor almost 21 years ago and I am still so incredibly humbled as He exceeded my expectations and blessed me with the most amazing man, that I get to call my husband, and three spectacular children! Oh, and throw in an overweight, loving golden retriever named, Louie, and you've got the most awesome family a girl could have ever dreamed of. Today, I sit here in awe that God gave them to me! 

This morning I had the privilege of making my husband breakfast in bed and enjoying random conversations as I was cooking away with my sweet, almost 9-year-old son, Caleb wearing his new iron man costume. Today, I will gather up all the laundry (which always seems to reproduce in the basket) and wash clothes, I will try to gain back some semblance of order back  in this tornado-stricken house, put dinner in the crock pot, and of course, clean the kitchen a million times. I will do these things, not with a grumbling spirit, but a spirit of gratitude to my Lord for the high honor and privilege he bestowed upon me of wife and mother! Yes, my dreams have come true! They may not be glamorous to most people but they are indeed beautiful to me! From a young girl who loved Jesus and had dreams of a family, to an almost 40-year-old woman who is even more in love with Jesus and living out the dream, I can honestly say from the depths of my soul that I am content! I am full of joy and so honored that He chose me to be the manager of this crazy, awesome, busy, and AMAZING family! 

I'll sing HIS praises today and give HIM thanks! I'll immerse myself in HIS Word for guidance to manage this family. I'll spend time in HIS presence lifting each one to HIS throne in prayer and I'll give ALL glory to HIM and HIM alone for HE is worthy!

"For you are great and do amazing things. You alone are God.  O Lord, teach me how you want me to live! Then I will obey your commands. Make me wholeheartedly committed to you!  O Lord, my God, I will give you thanks with my whole heart! I will honor your name continually!"
Psalms 86:10-12 (NET)



No comments:

Post a Comment