I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Friday, December 7, 2012

~ Not of the World ~


I was meditating on these passages of scripture today as I find my heart burdened by what I'm witnessing seeping into the lives of Christians and also in churches. It's time to reexamine and allow God to reign. We are to set our eyes on godly things and be set apart from worldly desires. Our focus should be Christ-centered! It is time to wake up and make sure we don't compromise God's Word. Be in the world but NOT of the world!

"Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.  For everything in the world–the cravings of sinful man, the lust of his eyes and the boasting of what he has and does–comes not from the Father but from the world.  The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever."
1 John 2:15-17 (NIV84)

"Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship.  And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."
Romans 12:1-2 (NASB)

Reexamining my own life today. Praying that my life be a living testimony and that the world sees Jesus in me. Set apart to do HIS will! Praying these scriptures today:

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer."
Psalms 19:14 (NIV84)

"But set Christ apart as Lord in your hearts and always be ready to give an answer to anyone who asks about the hope you possess."
1 Peter 3:15 (NET)

"Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says."
James 1:22 (NIV84)

No comments:

Post a Comment