I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Friday, December 21, 2012

~ What if Jesus Returned Today ~

Well, I guess we are all still here and the Mayans were wrong. I'm not surprised by that at all, but what has been on my heart this morning is the real question at hand....

If Jesus were to come back today, are you ready?

Now, I know we all had our fun with this Mayan prophecy and have joked about how we are all still here but the truth is, there will come a day when Christ WILL return for his children and we don't know the day or the hour. Will you be ready?

"So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him."
 Matthew 24:44 (NIV84)

This is a deep thought for this early in the morning and this close to Christmas but isn't that what it's all about? Christ came on Christmas in human form as a baby for the sole purpose of saving the lost...for me...for you!

"For the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost.”
Luke 19:10 (NIV84)

"She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.”
Matthew 1:21 (NIV84)

The greatest present we will ever receive is Jesus! Christmas Day we will celebrate the Gift to us but if you have never received this Gift, what will you celebrate? Jesus came for me and for you. He walked this earth in human form and endured all that we endure. He then sacrificed his life on Calvary to take upon the sins of us all because he loved us. He gave his life for us! Have you repented of your sins and accepted His free gift of salvation?

"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."
Romans 5:8 (NIV84)

Jesus answered, “I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit.  Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.  You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again.’
John 3:5-7 (NIV84)

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
John 3:16 (KJV)

Have you surrendered your all to him and made him Lord of your life? His gift is free! It is available to you!

The day will come when He will return for his children and if you have not accepted him as your Lord and Savior, it will be too late. Eternity separated from Christ will be sealed at his return or when you take your final breath. But there is still time...right now...to make today the DAY of salvation in your life! Right now you have the opportunity to repent of your sins, turn from your ways, and accept Him as the Lord of your life. Today, you could have confidence that WHEN He returns for his children, you will spend eternity with Him! Today, you could have the confidence that if you were to take your final breath on this earth that you would spend eternity in Heaven with Jesus! What an AMAZING Christmas this could be for you!

How do you do this?
First, from the depth of your soul, pray this prayer:

Father, I know my sins have separated me from you. I want to turn from my past sinful life and live a life in you. Lord, please forgive me. I believe that your Son, Jesus Christ, died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. My desire is to love, honor, and do your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus name I pray,  Amen!

Hallelujah! Now go forward in Christ and walk in His ways! You, my dear brother or sister, have made the greatest decision of your life! What a blessed Christmas this is for you! There will never be a greater gift!

Oh, how I would love to know if you have made this life changing decision today! Please message me, email me, or call me and I would love to celebrate and pray with you. Now you need encouragement in these next steps of your journey with Christ. You don't have to walk alone. I am so excited for you! Heaven rejoices for YOU!

"For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord."
1 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 (KJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment