I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Thursday, March 28, 2013

~ To Love As Christ Loved Us ~



I remember a couple of years ago making a statement on Facebook that I needed a tattoo. Now this statement continued with a heartfelt story of how God was continually reminding me that He is in control and why couldn’t I get that through my thick head. So I continued with the statement that I needed God to tattoo that truth on my heart.  Well, needless to say, when people saw the first statement they decided not to read any further because that, in itself, was juicy and caused them to gasp at the thought that I would get a tattoo.

This was brought back to my memory last night as a good friend posted the title of her blog “Slapping Her Made Me Feel Better”. Many people were quick to read the title and began sending her messages about the juicy details instead of reading her blog which in turn would let you know that she did not slap someone but wanted to in regards to this person’s uncouth comment about the grief my friend has in the loss of her son.

It saddens me that people will look for the juicy details that cause a gasp or a great topic of conversation but they won’t read any further when it begins with a powerful word from scripture.  People are also quick to read a story that is floating around but are not quick to find out if that story is true. We post it, we bad mouth, but we don’t always check our facts. We are quick to shoot down but slow to build up. We are quick to judge but slow to love, pray, and encourage. How this has burdened my heart.

If you look through pages of Facebook or Twitter, most of the comments stem from funny or seemingly random thoughts or those that invoke controversy but when it comes to the amazing truths from God’s Word people get silent. As a society we are quick to jump on the complaining bandwagon and also the ones that will make great gossip around the office “water cooler”, or should I say office “Keurig” in these modern times.  But when it comes to things of eternity such as Christ’s death, burial, and resurrection, “ain’t nobody got time for that”.

Oh, my dear friends, it is of utmost importance that we begin to set our hearts and minds on God’s Word and that we “make time for that”!  Remember, this world is not our home we are just passing through.
 
Today, we celebrate what is known as “Maundy Thursday”.  The name comes from the Latin “mandatum” which is the first word in the Latin translation of John 13:34. “A new commandment (mandatum novum) I give to you …” This commandment was given by Jesus on the Thursday before His crucifixion. So Maundy Thursday is the “Thursday of the Commandment.” Christ gave his life for us and because of that love and sacrifice I will spend eternity with him.  He has commanded us to love as he has loved. What we do, what we say, what we post on social media, can make a difference in someone’s life for all eternity.

“A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another.” – John 13:34


Christ loved and that made a difference in my life for all eternity!

What are you going to do today to make a difference in someone else’s life for eternity?

1 comment: