I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Monday, December 17, 2012

~ Walking In The Confidence of God ~

My prayers are with everyone returning to school today. Anxieties are high and fear is great as we begin a "new normal". Though my kids are already out for Christmas break, my heart goes out to those that have to return so quickly after such a horrific tragedy. Today I am thankful to spend the day with my kiddos and their cousins but I'm also reminded that no matter where they go, no matter what they do, they will never be immune to the evil of this world. Shopping at a mall, going to the movies, going to church, staying home....all are places where evil has struck and it is only in the power and strength of Almighty God that we can go forth in peace. 

These verses were brought to my heart this morning:

"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."
 Ephesians 6:12 (NIV84)

"For this reason, take up the full armor of God so that you may be able to stand your ground  on the evil day, and having done everything, to stand.   Stand firm therefore, by fastening  the belt of truth around your waist,  by putting on the breastplate of righteousness,   by fitting your  feet with the preparation that comes from the good news  of peace,   and in all of this,  by taking up the shield  of faith with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.   And take  the helmet of salvation  and the sword  of the Spirit, which is the word of God.   With every prayer and petition, pray  at all times in the Spirit, and to this end  be alert, with all perseverance and requests for all the saints."
Ephesians 6:13-18 (NET)

Remember, God is in control. Don't walk in fear. Don't let the enemy steal your joy, your peace, your confidence in our God. Fear is not of God. 

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."
2 Timothy 1:7 (KJV)

Celebrate life today! Celebrate every second with your kids, your spouse, your family and never lose sight of the big picture. This world is not our home. It is temporary! God will prevail and return for his children. Lets be vigilant! Let's be ready! Lets walk in the confidence we have in Christ!

"For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words."
1 Thessalonians 4:16-18 (KJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment