I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

A Morning Tizzy


Caleb “overslept” this morning. By overslept I mean 8 minutes and keep in mind that he is homeschooled so he didn’t have to rush out the door. But it was a big deal to him. He likes to get up at 7:00, when we require it, and immediately come downstairs to eat breakfast with me and do his Bible study. Because he went to bed a little later last night, I gently went to his room to wake him a little after 7:00  (7:08 to be exact) and a few minutes later I heard him barreling downstairs was in the kitchen in teary-eyed because his day had been all messed up already. Bless him!

I hugged him tightly and reminded him that this is not how we start our day. He didn’t have to be in a rush and begin his day in a tizzy. So, I sent him back to his bed to stretch a little more, thank God for another day to praise him, and then he was to walk calmly back downstairs as he took some deep breaths. His return downstairs was much better than the first entrance. Lol!  I gave him another tight hug and we shared some scripture together about being anxious from Philippians 4:6-7.  What a blessing the Word of God is! As I spoke the Word of God over my son, God used it to calm my own heart and bring such encouragement to my soul! That is my God! He takes teachable moments that I meant for my children and uses it also on THIS child! J

I don’t know where you are tonight. Maybe you are in a tizzy about something or feeling anxious yourself. Take a few minutes and pray this scripture out loud and let God’s Word calm your heart and mind! You won’t regret it!

Blessings tonight, sweet friends!

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”

Philippians 4:6-7


No comments:

Post a Comment