I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Friday, January 10, 2014

~ Encouragement for a Sleepy Morning ~


Even though I am a morning person, I would be lying if I said that getting up these past few days after Christmas break was easy. Haha! Wow! That 4:45 wake up call has not been music to my ears. Christmas break we enjoyed no alarms and had the pleasure of getting up when our bodies awakened from a nice long sleep. These past few mornings my body was not thrilled to be awakened from its nice sleep and even tried to rebel at some points wanting to roll over and forget about work and school. Even my dog, Louie, looked at me like I was crazy and rolled back over on the floor to return to his slumber. Lol! Needless to say, my heart won out because I knew that what awaited me was my morning rendezvous with Jesus! Quiet time with him before the family arises and even the sun, as a matter of fact!

This morning, through my sleepy eyes, I praise my Jesus! I am alive and awake and get to spend time with the Creator of the universe! He pauses for me and spends his undivided attention on ME! If that's not enough to make you shout, "Hallelujah" then you may want to check your pulse. At this moment, it's all about our time together. He teaches me from his Word and I listen intently on all that he is telling me. He wraps his big fatherly arms around me and gives me comfort for the day. He lets me know that I will not be alone to go into the this world today because he never leaves me. He equips me with promises from his Word before I go out the door into the battlefield. He comforts me with letting me know how much he loves me. He listens as I share my heart and lift up my husband and children. He promises to provide my needs and gives me strength for the journey ahead. Precious time!

I don't know what your mornings look like. Maybe similar to mine, maybe a lot different. But know that your God is waiting to spend time with you. He will take you right where you're at, sleepy eyes and all. Let him pause for you and shower you with his presence! You will NEVER regret it and you will be EMPOWERED because of it!

Encouragement for you from the Psalms today and I pray your day is filled with blessings!

"Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning, for I am trusting you. Show me where to walk, for I give myself to you."
Psalms 143:8 (NLT)

"Listen to my voice in the morning, Lord. Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly."
Psalms 5:3 (NLT)

"Satisfy us each morning with your unfailing love, so we may sing for joy to the end of our lives."
Psalms 90:14 (NLT)

"If I ride the wings of the morning, if I dwell by the farthest oceans, even there your hand will guide me, and your strength will support me."
Psalms 139:9-10 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment