I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

~ What Stands Before You Today? ~

Sitting in my quiet room this morning and enjoying my time with Jesus! Some mornings it's hard to reach over and cut that alarm off so early but when I sit down here and open my Bible and read the words of my Savior, it's all worth it! How could I begin my day any other way? 

I would be lying if I said I could function properly without spending some time with Jesus before I head out the door. In my own strength I fail miserably, and it happens often. But when I pour myself into the Word for guidance and wisdom and draw on strength of my Savior then the day seems to have more meaning and purpose. Sure, there are still hard days but a day covered in prayer and submitting it to God's authority gives me strength for whatever lies ahead. 

What stands before you today?

You may be waking up dreading the long list of "to-dos" or you may be grateful for a 4-day work week. Whatever your situation today, remember to give God first praise. It's by his grace that you are alive and breathing! That, in itself, is more than enough to offer him glory and honor! Spend some time in his Word. Commit this day to him and let him guide your footsteps. Draw on God's strength when moments get hard and rest in His peace when you feel unsettled. 

Today is before us! Let's give God his rightful place in our lives and in this day! 

To God be the glory!

"From the rising of the sun to its going down the Lord’s name is to be praised."
Psalms 113:3 (NKJV)

"How lovely are Your dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! My soul longed and even yearned for the courts of the Lord; My heart and my flesh sing for joy to the living God."
Psalms 84:1-2 (NASB)

No comments:

Post a Comment