I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Friday, January 17, 2014

Friday Opportunities

It's Friday!!! I know everyone has eyes on the timeclock (or school bell) and are counting down the minutes until the weekend begins but don't let opportunities pass you by today. Don't let your focus with the weekend hinder your work for the Lord today. Be in the moment! Today stands before us with many opportunities to share the love of Christ with someone else. Today holds opportunities to encourage others, pray with others, and make a difference on someone's life. 

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm excited for the weekend too! A quick little getaway with my hubby is on my weekend agenda and I am very excited about that but I don't want to miss opportunities today. I pray that God would anoint my words as I talk with others. I pray that I can be mindful to encourage others I encounter. I pray that I don't overlook opportunities to share Christ with someone I come in contact with. All these things stand before me and I pray that I don't get lost in the weekend anticipation. 

Friday...it's all about YOU, Lord! Help me honor you today and shine your light for all to see! 

“You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men. “You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven."
Matthew 5:13-16 (NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment