I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Thursday, January 23, 2014

~ This Day Is In Your Hands, Lord ~

I have to admit there was a hesitancy on my part to get out of bed this morning. Not just because it's cold outside and I was extremely warm and comfortable in my cozy bed. But because the last 36 hours have been intense in many ways. Mostly mentally and spiritually. The hesitancy came from being exhausted. Exhausted to fight the battle against the enemy again. But as God so sweetly whispered his fatherly comfort in my ear and nudged me out of that bed I hit the ground running (well, you know what I mean. Haha!). 

He whispered promises from his Word that give me strength and hope for a victorious day! He gave me nourishment and for the battle ahead! My arsenal is prepared to go forth into battle:


"Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes."

Ephesians 6:11 (NIV84)

"Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you."
James 4:7 (NKJV)

"No weapon formed against you shall prosper, And every tongue which rises against you in judgment You shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, And their righteousness is from Me,” Says the Lord. 
Isaiah 54:17 (NKJV)

"Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.” 
Deuteronomy 31:6 (NKJV)

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."
Joshua 1:9 (NASB)

"For I know what I have planned for you,’ says the Lord . ‘I have plans to prosper you, not to harm you. I have plans to give you a future filled with hope."
Jeremiah 29:11 (NET)

This day is in your hands, precious Lord! I submit to your authority as King of my life and rest in your promises that you will take care of me. I will go forward, not in my strength, but in your strength and power that you give to me. I will arm myself with truths from your Word as I move forward into battle. I will trust you completely, I will have faith in your unfailing Word, and I will praise you continuously. For you, my Lord, are the absolute Rock on which I stand and my Hope eternal! Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment