I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Exciting Day!!

Today is an exciting day! I know that usually doesn't come out of mouths on a Wednesday but today begins the winter Bible study! If you haven't caught on by now, you know that studying the Word is a passion of mine. ;)

What is so great about it, you ask? Well, since you asked...lol!

First of all, as soon as my hands touch that precious book, I feel a nudge in my soul and life is breathed into me. Then to open it as my fingers smooth across the pages and my eyes get caught on every word....every word that was written under the divine inspiration of my God, my soul is satisfied. HIS words written for me. His love letter written for me, HIS child, to encourage me, to correct me, to show me the way I should go. The Word that will stand the test of time. The Word....MY GOD! Tears flow even now as I think about how precious each word is. I was on his mind as every word was penned. I was on his mind as every author gleaned their inspiration under his authority. I was on his mind as he recorded how much he loves me, how he came to earth and took on flesh, conquered death and the grave, and is, even now, preparing my place with him for all eternity. Hallelujah!

But you know what is also incredible? It was written for YOU too! This book is for your breath and life as well...for your direction and encouragement.

Maybe you don't feel that passion. I didn't either at times in my life. Ask God for it. Dig into to those blessed pages and ask him to ignite it afresh to you.  Join a Bible study class and study with others who will help you gain understanding and keep you accountable to stay in the Word. Never have I heard someone say that they were not blessed from studying the scriptures.

So there is where my passion lies....in my God! Begin, today, letting the Word change your life!

There are many studies available tonight that will bless your soul. Message me for more information. But I personally invite you ladies to join me in studying, Jesus the One and Only. Come as you are and allow HIM to move and work in you!

See you tonight!!

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
John 1:1 (NIV)

"For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."
Hebrews 4:12 (NKJV)

"All Scripture is inspired by God and is profitable for teaching, for rebuking, for correcting, for training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work."
2 Timothy 3:16-17 (HCSB)

"And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near."
Hebrews 10:25 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment