I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Friday, November 2, 2012

~ Let's Pray ~


I love those special moments with my kids teaching them precious truths from God's Word! Now, these special moments don't always take place sitting down during our time of devotion. These moments take place anywhere and everywhere! Some of our most precious times of sharing about God's truths happen right in our car as we travel I-40 back and forth to school. I love it!

"These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up."
(Deuteronomy 6:6, 7 NIV84)

Yesterday, I was sharing with the kids about my special prayer closet and how God was working in my life. I invited the kids to use that room as well when they just needed a quiet place to pray away from any distractions that may hinder that time with God. Well, last night as Caleb was eating his dinner, he said he had gone into the prayer closet to pray after he finished his homework. He said that he was praying for the missionary that came at spoke in his classroom that day. He prayed for his safety as he travels and tells people about Jesus. He also said that he prayed for the people that this missionary shares the gospel with that they would get saved!

Oh, how this touched my heart! This precious child didn't pray for himself, but for others to come to know the Risen Lord! I learn so much from each of my children and as Caleb displayed such innocence in his heart toward others, my soul was blessed. This 8-year-old child could have prayed for anything but he chose to pray for others to come to know Christ as he did just two months ago!

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”
Matthew 19:14 (NIV84)

Lord, thank you for the gift of my children. Thank you for using Caleb to remind me today to pray for those that don't know you. I praise you for the beautiful free gift of salvation that you gave me many years ago. May I always lift up others to you and share the gospel with those around me so that they may come to know you as well. The greatest gift anyone will ever receive is your free gift of salvation! Thank you for your sacrifice and thank you for loving me.

No comments:

Post a Comment