I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Monday, November 5, 2012

~ Loving Our Husbands ~


This morning my time with the Lord was a little bit different. I first had to kiss my husband goodbye as he headed to the airport to fly to Mexico (which makes me a little sad) and then I just sat in silence praying God’s safety over him and for his quick return. I never like seeing my husband leave town, but that is the nature of his job.  He has the huge task of making sure that the 7 plants in his company remain safe and keep good safety practices.  A little overwhelming if you ask me, but that is why God put Matt in that position and not me. Haha! For the past 5 weeks, he has driven and flown all over the place which can be extremely taxing, so my prayer is that God keep him safe, encouraged, and healthy.

As a wife, my responsibility is first and foremost to God, then to my husband.  I have the honor to be my husband’s helper, his encourager, and his other half.  I will say that it is such a privilege to have that responsibility and honor!  There are many days that the nature of Matt’s job has him leaving town at a moment’s notice. He literally will have to drop everything that he is doing and leave which is never an easy thing, but as his wife and best friend I try my best to encourage him and help him feel secure in knowing that he is covered in prayer, that God is taking care of me and the kids while he is gone, and that I will be there with open arms when he returns home.  Is it easy to have him gone for days at a time? No, but God sees us through and gives us strength for the journey.

“I lift up my eyes to the hills—where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, 
the Maker of heaven and earth.”
Psalm 121:1-2

I am so proud of my husband! I am proud of the way he upholds his integrity in business, the hard work he does to be the provider, his faithfulness to me and our marriage, his love and compassion on his children, and the way he leads this family in Christ.  I praise God for him!

Today, I encourage all the wives that are reading this post to be an encourager to your husband. Find a special way today to let him know how proud you are of him and all that he does to provide for your family.  Find ways, today, to uplift him through words or deeds instead of nagging and finding fault in things he does or doesn’t do.  Tell him how much you love him. Make your home a place of comfort for him when he returns home from a long day at work. Give him praise for all that he does as the head of your home. Pray over him and also, thank God for the blessing of him!

“A wife of noble character who can find? 
She is worth far more than rubies. Her husband has full confidence in her 
and lacks nothing of value. She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life.”
Proverbs 31:10-12


No comments:

Post a Comment