I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Saturday, November 24, 2012

~ A Memorable Bowl of Cereal ~


I sat at the breakfast table this morning, just me and Caleb, enjoying our bowls of cereal together.  What an amazing blessing it was to just sit and listen to my 8-year-old son talk about everything! The mind of an 8-year-old boy at 7:30 in the morning is really no different the mind of an 8-year-old boy at 7:30 at night. Lol! It goes 100 mph and doesn’t ever quit! I love it! He is such an awesome kid and he blesses my heart with such sweet innocence. He talked about his favorite shows, what he is going to build with his Legos, and how excited he is that we are putting up our Christmas tree today. I think he even mentioned another occupation he wants to be when he grows up but in all that conversation, he didn’t allow much time for breath and my still overly congested head is not retaining a lot of information at this point.  So, I’m not exactly sure what that occupation is at this time.

No matter how bad I feel or how busy I am, I never want to miss a conversation with my son. There will come a day when the conversations will be fewer and farther between so I will cherish every one of them now.  No technology needed. No iPods, no phones, no TVs, no computers, just good old-fashioned conversation between an amazing boy and his mommy. What a blessing this morning!

I encourage every parent to take some time away from busyness of life and spend some time alone with each of your children. So much can be learned by just a few priceless minutes of undivided attention. They are minutes we can never get back but minutes that will last an eternity!

“But Jesus called the children to him and said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.”
Like 18:16

No comments:

Post a Comment