I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

What Will You Do Today?


The day has just begun and before me stands a day full of opportunities! Opportunities to love my Lord, through worship and praise; opportunities to serve my Lord, through word or deed; opportunities to grow in my Lord, through prayer and his Word.  It is a brand new day! What will I do with it?

Inside me there is a burning desire to see others come to the realization that a life without Christ is meaningless.  It is a desire for those who do not know Christ and are in need of this Savior who offers hope and eternal life and for those who have accepted Christ but live their lives putting him on the backburner. He is an afterthought to them. He is only sought when there is an immediate need in their lives. 

This is where my burden is this morning.

Oh my dear friends, please hear me out!  Christ should never be the afterthought of your day! He is the PURPOSE and MEANING of your day….of your LIFE!  Every day I come in contact with people, believers, who profess to love their Lord but do not want to give God the proper place in their lives.  God comes after all the other day-to-day activities; work, school, sports, etc.  This makes my heart ache.  This amazing God is an afterthought, put on hold only when “needed”. 

Today, I urge any of you who are reading this to put Christ in first place!  Make time today to get to know him. Spend time in his Word and feed your soul.  Talk to him and let his Spirit fill you to overflowing.  Make your time with him more than just an item to be checked off your “to-do” list.  It is a new day! A day where you can turn your life around by surrendering to the ONE who can make a difference! The ONE in whom grace abounds and hope is eternal! 

What will you do today?


How lovely is your dwelling place, O Lord of Heaven’s Armies. I long, yes, I faint with longing to enter the courts of the Lord. With my whole being, body and soul, I will shout joyfully to the living God. Even the sparrow finds a home, and the swallow builds her nest and raises her young at a place near your altar, O Lord of Heaven’s Armies, my King and my God! What joy for those who can live in your house, always singing your praises. What joy for those whose strength comes from the Lord, who have set their minds on a pilgrimage to Jerusalem. When they walk through the Valley of Weeping, it will become a place of refreshing springs. The autumn rains will clothe it with blessings. They will continue to grow stronger, and each of them will appear before God in Jerusalem. O Lord God of Heaven’s Armies, hear my prayer. Listen, O God of Jacob. O God, look with favor upon the king, our shield! Show favor to the one you have anointed. A single day in your courts is better than a thousand anywhere else! I would rather be a gatekeeper in the house of my God than live the good life in the homes of the wicked. For the Lord God is our sun and our shield. He gives us grace and glory. The Lord will withhold no good thing from those who do what is right. O Lord of Heaven’s Armies, what joy for those who trust in you.”

Psalm 84 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment