I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

What Do We Do Now?


So, what do we do now?

“Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? 
Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, 
my Savior and my God.”
Psalm 42:11

I woke up this morning to the news as most Americans did going to bed. I too have deep sadness in my heart, not just because of the “big announcement”, but because of the fact that this country, that I love, has moved further and further away from the One on whom this country began.  My heart aches this morning for this lost world, this lost country, and our lost President.

So, my question that I cried out to my God this morning was, “What do we do now, God?”

Well, first, I need to God praise! Yes! Amongst all the sadness and negative feelings, God so sweetly reminded me of several things this morning:

He is STILL on His throne!

The tomb is STILL empty!

God’s Word is STILL alive and active!

Our hope is STILL in God alone!

Jesus is STILL our only source of salvation!

The power of prayer STILL works and God hears our prayers!

God’s law, not government law, WILL prevail in the end!

This is a lost nation, but there is STILL room at the cross!

The Bible STILL has all the answers, NOT our government!

God will NEVER leave us NOR forsake us!

He is STILL the Way, the Truth, and the Life!

Jesus is STILL King of Kings and Lord of Lords!


I have found strength and comfort in my God this morning, but there is still work to do in this fallen world. There are still so many lost and in need of a Savior and until there is no breath left in me, I am going to proclaim His glory to all and lift His name on high! I once was lost BUT now I’m found! Praise God! It is time to get serious and reach the lost and show them that the ONLY true salvation is through the blood of Jesus Christ. We need to show them that when they turn their faith and trust from man, or government, and turn to the One who died for them, then He will save their souls and forgive their sins.  I urge you to turn your hurt and anger into a desire to reach a lost nation for Christ. It is up to us to spread the Good News!

So, now my friends, what are you going to do this day? 

I leave you with the charge that Paul gave to Timothy. I find it very fitting for us today. We still need to fight the good fight of faith and this, from God’s Holy and inspired Word is relevant for us TODAY!  Take heart and pray, my dear brothers and sisters!

“But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness. Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses. In the sight of God, who gives life to everything, and of Christ Jesus, who while testifying before Pontius Pilate made the good confession, I charge you to keep this command without spot or blame until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ, which God will bring about in his own time—God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords, who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see. To him be honor and might forever. Amen.
Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share. In this way they will lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age, so that they may take hold of the life that is truly life. Timothy, guard what has been entrusted to your care. Turn away from godless chatter and the opposing ideas of what is falsely called knowledge, which some have professed and in so doing have wandered from the faith.
Grace be with you.”

I Timothy 6:11-21

1 comment: