I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Thursday, November 15, 2012

~ My Comfort Today ~


This morning I woke up with excitement about the privilege before me today to speak to our Moms Need Moms group at church.  Anytime the Lord places an opportunity in front of me to share about his greatness, well, I jump on it!  As Christians we should count it such joy and honor to speak about our Savior and Lord.  So, today I go with such anticipation and share from my heart what God has placed there.  I pray that it touches their hearts in such a way that God would be honored and glorified! Please be in prayer for me as I share what God has placed on my heart to these precious moms.

My life revolves around my devotion for Christ!  I can’t go a minute without thinking about my Lord or talking about him.  He often redirects my focus to His Word as I pray for direction, He reminds me of his promises when I feel discouraged, He reassures me of his calling on my life when insecurity creeps up, and He reveals himself to me at just the moment I need his loving arms wrapped around my longing soul! He is my life!

I don’t know where you are today. You may be waking up with fear of what today may hold or wanting to roll back over in the bed unprepared for the day ahead. Please let me share this encouragement with you today:

The God of the universe loves you!  He adores you!  My friend, he longs to be at the forefront of you heart, your soul, and your mind today.  No matter what you face, know that He is there and desires to be King of your life. You don’t have to carry your burdens because he wants to take them from you. You don’t have to face this dark world alone. He is the Light and there is no darkness in him. He wants to hold you in his arms and tell you how much he loves you!  Dear friend, crawl up into your Daddy’s lap today and let him comfort you. Let him tell you how much he loves you and draw from his strength today! What a glorious day it can be as your Daddy sends you out in this world covered in his love! 

I want to leave you with this familiar passage today as encouragement for your soul:


Psalm 23

“The Lord is my shepherd; 
I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures; 
He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul; 
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, 
I will fear no evil; 
For You are with me; 
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; 
You anoint my head with oil; 
My cup runs over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life; 
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord
Forever.”


No comments:

Post a Comment