I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Sunday, October 27, 2013

~ Back Home ~


Blessed to be home! I'm trying to wrap my mind around the events of the weekend and all I can say is "glory to God"!

Some of you have asked about the conference I attended and why so I thought I would share a little about it.

The Allume Conference is an annual conference for bloggers and writers. Women come from all over the country (and some from Canada) to learn and grow in an area of writing that God has called them into.

Wow! What an experience!

I didn't necessarily set out to be a writer. I can honestly say that I just began writing out of an overflow of my heart when God sent our family on a journey to the other side of the globe to bring home the most precious 3 ½ year old boy ever. It was a way for me to share with family and friends back in the US about our adoption journey and Caleb's first year home. But God continued to write messages on my heart as He showed me His goodness and faithfulness and I was encouraged to keep writing. (My mom can be pushy! Haha!)

From a blog to my first book, my moments have been journaled and I will continue writing as long as God continues chipping away in this process of growing closer to Him. And knowing myself as I do, there will be plenty of chipping and refining for Him to do. Lol! I'm so grateful for His work in my life. It's not always pleasant, as refining can be uncomfortable but what a necessary part of becoming more like Christ. O, sweet Jesus, how I long to be more like YOU!

What an incredible blessing I had to be in the presence of some of my favorite authors! Women that walk with the Lord and understand His grace and mercy. These precious women, just like me, called to tell their stories and through their obedience to Christ have made a huge impact on the world! Hallelujah!

Ann Voskamp, Melanie Shankle, Emily Freeman, Bianca Olthoff, Jennie Allen, and many others touched my heart through their messages. The written word is powerful and theirs is making a difference for Christ!

How beautiful to share the message of Christ and do so through His work in our lives! Though my words will probably never reach the multitudes that theirs do, I'm still called to share my story. A story that He continues to write on the pages of my soul..... His story! What a blessing it is! Whether there are 10 people or 10 million people that hear the message of Christ on my blog, I will continue to shout His praises! I will uplift His name! I will surrender to His call! I will walk boldly in His will!

I'm just an ordinary woman called to tell about an EXTRAORDINARY GOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment