I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Saturday, December 28, 2013

2014...Ready..Set...

We are just a few days away from a brand new year! This may bring about excitement or it could bring feelings of dread. However, as you prepare for this new year, spend time in prayer and scripture allowing God to guide you as you make goals. Our family has already begun a time of prayer and planning as this is something we do together every year. I devised a new goal sheet this year for each member of our family to use and then we come together to pray and encourage each other to stay committed to what God would have us to do. I'm not a big fan of "New Year's Resolutions" per se, but I do believe we are to spend time in prayer and planning for goals that God would have us to work towards. Goals that would draw us closer to the heart of God in all we do. (I have attached a copy of this form if you would like to use it as well.)

“If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail!”
― Benjamin Franklin

"Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path."
Psalms 119:105 (NKJV)

"Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.”
Lamentations 3:22-24 (NIV)

Remember that in everything God should receive all glory and honor and this year should be ALL about HIM!

To download the 2014 Goal Sheet Click Here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-Va1p5SYsV4bzVMZmtKUmVYamc/edit?usp=sharing

No comments:

Post a Comment