I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

~ Lord, I Want To Know You More ~

Today I woke up in pain. Not a pain from a physical issue but a deep, heartfelt pain because of a longing to know more of my Savior. Over the last few weeks, I have been so burdened over the complacency of Christians in this dark world. We don't expect the world to desire holy and righteous things of God because they don't know him but as Christians, or rather, children of the Living God, we should desire the things that bring him glory and honor. What I am burdened over is the things of the world that children of God are now seeing as okay, acceptable. God's Word is slipping as the righteous way of living and is now seen as an afterthought. My heart is grieved!

Romans 12:2 “Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.”

I woke up this morning praying that God would draw me closer to him. I want to know him more, I want to be in his Word more, I want to share his Word more, I want to be a light in the dark world. This life is all about him! I am on this earth for his glory and my life is for him!

Psalm 19:14 “May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

Dear Holy Father, my heart physically hurts in desire to know you more. The more I know you the more I long to be in your presence! You are the Light in this dark and fallen world and my desire is to be the vessel by which your light shines! Lord, I pray that I never grow indifferent to the truth that your Word speaks of and that I don't conform to the world but continually be transformed by the renewing of my mind to your truth. Help me to be bold and not sit by while the world rejects you and while many Christians now follow the path of the world. Grow me, challenge me, fill me, and use me! This life is yours, Lord, have your way!

Your daughter,

Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment