I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Monday, April 22, 2013

~ Your Will, Lord ~

I am so thankful for my small Bible study group of young women! Hearing these girls, some are only 12 years old, share what God is teaching them from His Word blesses my heart. They are learning to become young women who say "yes" to God. In this day and age it can be extremely difficult. I am living proof of that! But is so necessary to live a full and abundant life. 

Last night we discussed how we know when God is speaking and how to discern if what we are hearing is God's voice. Going through this lesson with them was exactly what I needed! Though I committed to be a woman who says "yes" to God a couple of years ago, I needed to be reminded of this again. As I struggle with an area in my own life, desiring nothing less than God's will, I needed to be reminded that God will show me His way. What a huge reminder that its not always easy saying "yes" to God. Sometimes saying "yes" to God means saying "no" to other things in our lives and are we truly willing to give up our wants to be obedient and in line with God's will?

Wow! That's a lot to swallow! 

So, today, I bring my burdens and lay them at the feet of Christ. Surrendering, yet again, my will. Yes, it's still difficult for me to do but deep down knowing that when I release control God's mighty power moves! 

I will immerse myself in His Word for guidance.

I will kneel at his feet as I listen and pray.

I will look for his messages that He confirms all around me.

I will praise him for his sovereignty.

I will thank him for the journey.

AND

I will give him glory and honor his GREAT name!

So today, sweet Father, I say "yes" to you! All glory and honor are YOURS!

"This commandment that I'm commanding you today isn't too much for you, it's not out of your reach. It's not on a high mountain—you don't have to get mountaineers to climb the peak and bring it down to your level and explain it before you can live it. And it's not across the ocean—you don't have to send sailors out to get it, bring it back, and then explain it before you can live it. No. The word is right here and now—as near as the tongue in your mouth, as near as the heart in your chest. Just do it! Look at what I've done for you today: I've placed in front of you Life and Good Death and Evil. And I command you today: Love God, your God. Walk in his ways. Keep his commandments, regulations, and rules so that you will live, really live, live exuberantly, blessed by God, your God, in the land you are about to enter and possess."
Deuteronomy 30:11-16 (MSG)

No comments:

Post a Comment