I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Sweet Fellowship

As I sit here reading this morning, I can here the rain falling outside. It's not a heavy downpour but just a light steady rain. There is one part of me that would love to go right back up into my cozy bed and be sung back to sleep by the beautiful lullaby of rain drops but then there is the other part of me that longs to stay right where I am...immersed in the Word as God speaks to me; sitting in his presence, still before him; filling my soul with nourishment that only he can give; and doing all of this with the beautiful music he provided for me this day.

"He covers the sky with clouds, provides the earth with rain, and causes grass to grow on the hillsides."
Psalms 147:8 (NET)

"In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly."
Psalm 5:3 (NIV)

Yes, Lord, it's all about YOU this morning! Nothing can ever take me away from sweet intimate fellowship with you! Nothing will ever satisfy as you do and nothing will ever be as lovely as being in your presence! Thank you for your Word. Thank you for pausing just for me this morning. Thank you for your precious gift of love!

"You are my portion, Lord; I have promised to obey your words."
Psalm 119:57 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment