I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Monday, July 27, 2015

The Joy of Following Jesus!

After dinner conversations around the kitchen table with my teenagers (and bonus teen ;) about the incredible joy of following Jesus; sharing how God has purpose and meaning for their lives and hearing them share how they are being intentional in their relationships with Him....yes!!

Those are the moments where I fall on my knees before God in awe of Him!

Parents, let's never give up praying with our children and pouring Jesus into them. They are faced with so much pull to go every other direction but let's keep pointing them to Jesus! This world is dark and scary and our kids need God's light shining in them and through them. Mistakes will be made (just like me), life will be hard and things will be questioned but never give up!! Jesus is the ONLY way and until I leave this world, I will spend every breath praising my God, sharing His greatness and pouring His Word into my children! O, how I love my kids and how I love my God!

“Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.”

Deuteronomy 6:4-9 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment