I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Friday, July 17, 2015

Be A Blessing Today!

Happy Friday!

The weekend is about to commence so what a great time to be the blessing to someone else. The week has been hard for so many. Lots of sad news and lots of hurting people out there. Let's be the blessing today!
Today, let's make a conscious effort to bless someone else. Instead of wallowing in self-pity, making jabs to others by comments made on social media (you all know what I'm talking about) or snapping harsh words spoken to each other (family and others), let's find ways to lift up and encourage.

We can turn our "me-focus" around today by focusing upward and outward.
Let's start by focusing upward and spending time with Jesus. Allow him to be our guide to loving others. Then let's focus outward by being the blessing to someone else by a kind word or deed.

So, who's with me?

What a great day this will be as we love on others!

“Here is a simple, rule-of-thumb guide for behavior: Ask yourself what you want people to do for you, then grab the initiative and do it for them. Add up God’s Law and Prophets and this is what you get."
Matthew 7:12 (MSG)

"In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven."
Matthew 5:16 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment