I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Prayer for TODAY!

The enemy has a way of attacking us and making us feel insecure in the calling God has placed on our lives. Feelings of failure and unworthiness can creep up and fear can start to set in. That's exactly what he wants.

Anyone else need prayers like I do today to fight the enemy?

Let's pray for each other!

Lord, today, I commit to resting in YOUR promises and putting comparison aside. I will take every thought captive and bring it in to obedience to YOU and remember that greater are YOU that's in me than he that's in the world. I will stand on your Word and remember that YOU will be faithful to complete the work you began in me. When the shouts of the world are discouraging, I will nestle my heart and mind in Scripture and in courage move forward in YOUR will. When the road you've called me to travel gets lonely and unpopular I will keep going as I remember that YOU are my portion. I will go forward with my sword in hand proclaiming your greatness to a dark world because YOU are light and in YOU is NO darkness at all!

Today, I will lift holy hands in praise to YOU because YOU, precious Father, are my KING! YOU are my strength! YOU are my comfort! YOU are my deliverer! YOU are my Redeemer! YOU are my joy! YOU are my ALL! YOU are.....

My life is YOURS, sweet Savior, and today, I surrender all and worship YOU! Amen and amen!

"Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour."
1 Peter 5:6-8 (NIV)

"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."
2 Corinthians 10:5 (NIV)

"You are from God, little children, and you have conquered them, because the One who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world."
1 John 4:4 (HCSB)

"being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;"
Philippians 1:6 (NKJV)

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”
Joshua 1:9 (NIV)

"You are my portion, Lord; I have promised to obey your words."
Psalm 119:57 (NIV)

"This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all."

1 John 1:5 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment