I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Thursday, February 10, 2011

2 Timothy 3:16-17.....CHARGE!!

A couple of years ago, Ben was preparing for the big Bible sword drill competition at school. During that time, we worked feverishly for a couple of weeks getting him prepared. Every morning on the way to school or church we were having Bible sword drills in the car. If you are not exactly sure what I am talking about, well, one person calls out a Bible reference and then says “Charge”, then the first person to get to that reference in Scripture wins. They have to hold their Bible on one knee and put the other hand on the opposite knee. They have to wait until they hear “Charge” before they can begin searching. I remember doing these when I was a child and they were a lot of fun. Ben was so excited to compete in this competition! Well, we practiced non-stop in the car and I also required them to read the verse aloud when they would find it. This not only helped their reading skills but also gave them even more time to read God’s Word.

I can’t even begin to tell you how wonderful that was for me as well! It had been a very stressful couple of weeks and hearing my children read Scripture aloud as I drove was very peaceful and encouraging. I would call out verses that I needed to hear especially at that moment or the verses that they chose really touched my heart. During times of stress or discouragement, many times we are quick to “phone a friend” and ask for direction when we forget that we have the “Instruction Book” right in our hands. Life changing moments happen when we dive into God’s Word with everything we have! His Word is Life and encourages me to keep going for my Lord!

2 Timothy 3:16-17 “All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.”

There we have it! It is God-breathed and useful for everything! God used my children to help me through a challenging couple of weeks through their reading of God’s Word. The Living Word pierced my heart and nourished my soul in a mighty way. It enabled me to find the blessing in the midst of the challenge I was facing at that moment and gave me strength to continue the work God had set before me that would bring him glory! The challenges will come and go, but God’s Word is forever! Hallelujah!

Have some fun and do a few Bible sword drills this week! The reward for winning is etching God’s Word deeper into your heart! What better reward could you ask for?

Have a blessed week!

Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment