I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Setbacks or Detours?

What if, instead of seeing setbacks as roadblocks to where we want to be, we recognize them as the detours that take us closer to the heart of God?

This was something that came to my heart a couple of months ago as I was spending precious time at my Father's feet. You see, during this last year, I have seen many setbacks in my life and I would, at times, get very discouraged feeling as though I would never move forward. But God so tenderly wrapped his loving arms around me and gave me this realization. He showed me in that moment that these setbacks were not roadblocks that I couldn't get past, but that they were just detours on this journey of life that would take me closer to his heart.

My desire has always been to know more of my Savior, to seek his heart and in those moments of discouragement, He revealed his face and lovingly drew me closer to his heart.

"But if from there you seek the Lord your God, you will find him if you look for him with all your heart and with all your soul." Deuteronomy 4:29

His strength is what we need to make it through the challenges, the setbacks. On this great journey there will be many, but one thing to hold on to is his promise that he will always be with us. Through every obstacle, every hurdle, and every detour, remember that he is there to guide us closer to his heart and in his perfect will.

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9

My sweet mother gave me such a treasure of comfort recently as I was facing a huge obstacle. She told me to remember that God can get me over any obstacle better than I could ever go around them. What a beautiful reminder! Once our God guides us over the obstacle we get another glimpse of his heart. Strength for the journey and breath to my soul!

Whatever you may be facing at this moment, I pray that you place your complete trust in our great God and take the detour that will lead you closer to his heart!

"Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge. Selah" Psalm 62:8

Blessings~

Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment