I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

~ The Gift ~

(This was written the other day by my 11-year-old daughter, Callie, & I was so touched that I asked her if I could post it on my blog. I know you will be blessed!)


Every time you get a gift it’s usually from someone you love. This past Christmas I got a phone from my awesome and best mom and dad, A PHONE!!! That was the best gift! I was so, so, so, so, so happy, but I had to charge it before I could use it. IT TOOK FOREVER! I am a very impatient person sometimes (no lie). So I waited and waited and finally it was DONE! I couldn’t wait to try it out. It was so fun trying it out that I started texting my Aunt Shell right away. She loves it when I text her.

Your phone might be your prized possession, but if you go to heaven it won’t go with you (or any other possession). God is the most Holy One and our prized possession! He’s better than a phone, iPod, iPad, mp3 player, Nook, Kindle, or anything else. Don’t let those get in the way of you and God. Read your Bible at least once a day. It’s better reading it once a day than not at all. I’m trying to read it once a day myself. Read it before you go to bed at night, on your lunch break, and I know no one likes to wake up in the early morning, but try to read it then (maybe some of you like to get up in the morning).

I challenge you to read your Bible at least once a day!!!

Callie

No comments:

Post a Comment