I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Tony, the Cynic

What I thought was going to be a quiet afternoon of study time in my corner nook of Barnes & Noble, turned out to be a divine appointment to share the gospel with an elderly man who called himself, Tony the Cynic.

Yes, I was prepared to hideout and spend some time studying for my class tonight. I had my earphones in my ears for added quietness and was engrossed in the Word when all the sudden I looked up and an elderly gentleman asked if he could sit at my table to eat his cookie and drink his coffee. Truth be told that I, at first, thought "how rude". Lol! Of all the places to sit he wanted to disturb me. Oh, how God had such a different plan for me today. An interruption of divine importance!

Our conversation turned quickly from $4 coffees when he asked me what I was studying! Ha! I shared with him about my Bible study class and the beauty of the scripture and that turned into a 45 minute blessing of sharing the gospel.
His life has been hard and he kept referring to himself as a cynic but as he asked me questions in the Bible, I prayed that God would anoint my words and that the Holy Spirit would saturate his heart. He thanked me as he left though making no commitment to Christ, he did say he had a lot to think about. I told him that God ordained our meeting today and that was no accident! I wished him a Merry Christmas and told him that I would continue praying for him.

Tonight, I ask you all to pray for Tony. He is searching. Lots of hurts and disappointments in his life and He is in need of a Savior. Pray that he surrenders to the One that can change his life forever. That he no longer refers to himself as a "cynic" but as a man who found the Miracle of Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment