I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

~ Goodbye to 2013 ~



Tonight we say "goodbye" to 2013. This may come with sadness for some or it may be filled with huge relief for many to finally close out this year. But no matter what, when the clock strikes midnight it will be archived in the history books. I can definitely say that this was a year like I had never seen before. It was filled with many challenges and challenges on different levels. There were personal challenges, challenges at work, challenges within our family, and such heartache as I saw so many dear family and friends lose loved ones. But through it ALL, what was constant was God's unshakeable faithfulness! Around every corner of hardship, God showed himself so faithful that my love for him grew even more. Through all my failures this year (and believe me there were many) God's mercies were new every morning! Through all my disappointments, God's loving arms held me tight. Through all my trials, God's mighty hand gently guided me through. And through all my victories, God received the glory because it is all about HIM!

"Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."
Lamentations 3:22-23 (NIV)

My one word for this last year was...bold!

"So pray that I will keep on speaking boldly for him, as I should."
Ephesians 6:20 (NLT)

God led me to live my life for him boldly! I tried to be bolder in reading the Word, speaking the Word, and praying the Word. I wanted to be bold in my faithfulness. Bold in standing up for truth. But in all honesty, I failed him many times. I missed many opportunities to speak boldness for Christ. There were times I cowered away from situations and had to fall on my knees in repentance. O, dear friends, that's when God showed himself the most faithful! In my mess, he met me where I was! A constant in my life. In my failures and defeat, he picked me up, brushed me off, and set me back on the path to bold living for HIM!

You see, in my mess...HIS message still stood strong! He took my mess and is still turning it into a beautiful message that will display his glory and honor!

"He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end."
Ecclesiastes 3:11 (NIV)

Am I glad that 2013 is coming to a close? Well, if I'm honest...yes! But that doesn't mean when the clock strikes midnight and everyone sings "Auld Lang Syne" that every challenge will disappear. Challenges that were there at 11:59 pm will still be there at 12:00 am on 2014. But what it does mean is that with a new year comes new hopes and dreams. A new year brings rejuvenation to face obstacles head on with the Word of God. And above all, a new year brings fresh new opportunities to serve my Master and praise the name of Jesus! The lessons I learned in 2013 have grown me in my relationship with Christ. My failures and my regrets of 2013 have been placed in my Father's hands for him to mold me into what He wants me to be in this new year. My success and victories are on display for his glory alone!

So, the question I'm pondering in my heart and the one I'm asking you today is,

What will you do for Christ in 2014?

Will you surrender your all to him?

Will you serve him and live boldly for the cause of Christ?

Will you look expectantly for his second coming and prepare the way?

Will you place HIM at the top of your priorities, knowing that it may cause you to say "no" to other activities and commitments?

Will you honor Christ by putting your spouse and your marriage before your children?

Will you model for your children a life that honors Christ by being obedient to him?

Will you live for Christ in such a way that others long for what you have?

Will you love The Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength and love your neighbor as yourself?

Will you remember that with failures comes the promise that His mercies are new every morning?

Will you, right now, commit this year to the glory of God to BELIEVE his Word, BELIEVE he will do what he says he will do, BELIEVE he loves you with an unconditional everlasting love like no other, and BELIEVE that he is coming back for you?

"Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think."
Ephesians 3:20 (NLT)

Yes, 2014 is right around the corner! Commit it to Christ today and live for him only!

"Commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust him, and he will help you."
Psalms 37:5 (NLT)



To download the 2014 Goal Sheet Click Here:

No comments:

Post a Comment