I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

~ These Crazy Kids of Mine ~


I was sharing some amazing, awe-inspiring truths of the Christmas story this morning with the kids and leave it to one of my children to insert some humor.

I was telling them what a tiny, poor and insignificant town Nazareth was with probably only about 100 people living there at the time but that God sent his angel, Gabriel, to share some incredible news to a young humble girl named, Mary. She would carry and give birth to the SON OF GOD! I told them that just as God had such miraculous plans for that small town and young girl, he could also have some pretty amazing things in store for our small town of Burgaw...with a young girl named, Callie, or a teenage boy named, Ben or a.........

This is where Caleb interrupts and yells out, "Or an Asian Sensation named, Caleb!"

Oh my! This beautiful Hallmark moment interrupted by a witty 9-year-old boy! Hahaha!

But, YES! God can and will do some amazing things through that precious soul and the other two precious souls!!

Thankful for these moments with my kids! Moments to teach them God's Word. Moments to share laughter. Moments where they understand just how AMAZING they are and that God wants to use them for his Kingdom's work!

No comments:

Post a Comment