I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Sunday, December 1, 2013

~ Hearts of Expectation ~


Today we began celebrating this season of Advent together as a family! Reading scriptures aloud and talking about the first Advent which was the birth of Christ and also anticipating Christ's glorious return in the second Advent. We are praying together that we keep our focus on what is truly important this Christmas season and that God will change our hearts as we seek him more.

Tonight we lit the first candle, the prophet's candle or the candle of hope, as we anticipate his return. Just as God revealed to the prophets about the first coming of the Christ child, we know that He is faithful and will fulfill his promise of the second coming of the Messiah!

Lord, tonight, we worship you! We praise you for sending your Son and with hearts of expectation, we look forward to your glorious return! Amen!

Jeremiah 33:14-16, Isaiah 11:1-10, Luke 1:26-38, Luke 21:25-36,
Isaiah 7:10-14, Matthew 1:18-24, 1 Thessalonians 3:9-13


No comments:

Post a Comment