I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Monday, March 17, 2014

Happy Monday & Happy St. Patrick's Day

Good morning and Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Today is the day you are supposed to wear green in honor of St. Patrick. Maybe you've woken up and you yourself are green from nausea because the weekend is over and it's Monday all over again. Lol! Well, look on the positive....now you don't have to find something green to wear because the nausea has taken care of that for you. Ha!

St. Patrick was born in Britain in the 1600s and at the age of 16, was taken captive by Irish raiders and held enslaved for 6 years. It was during that time that he found the Lord. After he escaped from captivity, Patrick went home and became a priest and years later, felt God leading him back to Ireland as a missionary to share the gospel to the Irish people. As traditions states, St. Patrick would use the shamrock, with its 3 leaves, to explain the Trinity to those he shared the gospel with.

Now, today, St. Patricks Day is celebrated world-wide and has taken on quite the contrast to what St. Patrick taught. Celebrations are filled with beer-drinking, stories of leprechauns and rainbows with pots of gold at the end of them, big parades, and people decked out in green from head-to-toe. But I would like to look at what Patrick saw after he found the Lord. He saw a need to reach others with the gospel. The same people that held him captive are the very ones he felt called to reach. What an amazing testimony!

Today, as we don our green apparel and set out for our busy day, let's focus our attention to sharing the gospel to a lost and dying world. Let's renew our commitment to God for the love He gave and continues to give us. Let's share that love with those around us. Can you imagine how much better our Monday will be if we shared that incredible love with someone who needs to hear it?

Oh, precious Lord, today is ALL about YOU! The love you pour into me daily is what I need to share with those around me. Let them see YOU through me today. Let me be the vessel used in your glorious kingdom today as others come to know YOU!

"There is salvation in no one else! God has given no other name under heaven by which we must be saved.”
Acts 4:12 (NLT)

And then he told them, “Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone."
Mark 16:15 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment