I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Friday, December 6, 2013

~ Early Morning With Jesus ~


This morning I'm up earlier than normal. And by normal, I in no way mean comfortable. Lol! It's just too early, even for this early bird. But here I am, wide awake which means God is prompting me to get in the Word and spend time with him. What peace and joy I receive just opening the pages of scripture! His Word....my God's amazing Word!!

"Surprise us with love at daybreak; then we’ll skip and dance all the day long."
Psalm 90:14 (MSG)

Thank you, Father, for breathing your precious words into me this morning!

I have to say that I'm thankful it's Friday! It's been a long week with busy schedules and lots on my already oversized plate. And to top it off...half my heart has been in Mexico and I haven't been able to hear his voice since Tuesday night. Though I'm thankful for email, I cannot wait to hear his voice later today as he goes from airport to airport making his way home. Today will be another jammed packed day but I'm looking forward to laying my head down late tonight and seeing my sweet hubby beside me. I'm looking forward to holding his hand as I drift off to sleep. I'm looking forward to seeing his shoes by the bed and his mounds of laundry filling the laundry basket tonight. I'm looking forward to hearing the kids engaging in conversation with their dad whom they've missed. I'm looking forward to seeing Louie go crazy and us scurry to keep his tail from wiping everything off the coffee table over his excitement when his daddy walks in the door. I'm looking forward to having my whole family under one roof tonight!

Yes, it's been another challenging week but my God is faithful! Never a day goes by that He doesn't show his loving hand in some way. What I pray is that I don't ever miss it though. I pray that in my crowded schedule and trials that seem to come in regular waves right now, that I don't ever miss the face of God in the midst of it all. He IS always there!

Today, as I begin my day and wait for the sun to rise, I will praise you, Lord! As I hold your precious Word in my hands and the message seeps into my soul, I will praise you! For this journey of life that draws me closer to you, I will praise you! For your amazing glory that you reveal at just the right moments, I will praise you! For the blessings that are all around me, I will praise you!

You, Father God, deserve ALL praise and ALL glory forever and ever!

"Hallelujah! You who serve God, praise God ! Just to speak his name is praise! Just to remember God is a blessing— now and tomorrow and always. From east to west, from dawn to dusk, keep lifting all your praises to God!"
Psalm 113:1-3 (MSG)


No comments:

Post a Comment