I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Second Sunday of Advent

Tonight we continued our celebration of Advent. On this second Sunday of Advent we gathered together as a family and read scripture as we lit the second candle which is the candle of Bethlehem or candle of peace. We read through the story of the preparations made to welcome the Christ child. This is the story about a humble couple on an unwanted journey, at an inconvenient time, to visit a tiny insignificant town. But what follows is an incredible miracle to welcome Immanuel, God with us! Our hope....our peace!

Abba Father, I thank you for your Word. I thank you for the hope we have in you and the peace you brought on that starry night in Bethlehem. As we continue this Christmas season, help us keep our eyes only on you and the precious gift you are! 

Micah 5:2–5, Malachi 3:1–4, Matthew 2:1–2, Luke 1:68–79, Luke 2:1–7, Philippians 1:3–11, Isaiah 11:1-10, Psalm 72:1-7, Psalm 72:18-19, Romans 15:4-13, Matthew 3:1-12



No comments:

Post a Comment