I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Sunday, November 3, 2013

~ "30 Days of Thankfulness" Day 3 ~


Today is "Orphan Sunday". A day to make a stand for the orphan...the fatherless. A day to raise awareness of the need to care for the 145 million orphans around the world.

"30 Days of Thankfulness"

Day 3

Today I am thankful for Caleb! This precious child has blessed our family in more ways than I could ever describe. He loves life and loves people and his personality is a blessing to all. I am eternally grateful that God chose me to be Caleb's mommy!

As he came downstairs this morning he said, "Mom, today is Orphan Sunday!" Just over six years ago, Caleb was considered an orphan. Abandoned as a newborn on the side of the road and raised for 3 1/2 years in a Chinese orphanage. But praise God he called us! He called us to the biggest leap of faith and today, we are blessed beyond measure that Caleb is home, he is loved, and he is NO LONGER an orphan! We praise The Lord for the miracle of adoption and also that Caleb, just last year, came to know Jesus as His Lord and Savior!

Today, my heart overflows in thanksgiving!

"Defend the cause of the orphans."
Isaiah 1:17 (NLT)


No comments:

Post a Comment