I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Thursday, November 7, 2013

"30 Days of Thankfulness" Day 7


Happy Birthday to my mom!!!

"30 Days of Thankfulness"

Day 7

Today I am thankful for the most amazing woman....my mom! No matter what goes on around me, I can always count on my mom to show love and encouragement to me. Her selfless attitude and giving spirit are her trademarks and her love for Jesus flows out of every fiber of her being. When there aren't words to say, she is quick to offer scripture for comfort and her wisdom is a treasure. Though she lives alone, her house is always full because she is a gracious hostess! Providing meals, comfort, Bible studies, or just a place of respite, there is no other home like my mamas. With 5 children (and their spouses), 14 grandchildren and 1 great-grandchild, she sacrifices so much to always give of her time, her love, and support. She loves her church and serves faithfully and reaches out to a community that needs Christ.

My love for Jesus began as I young girl watching my mom. There was something different about her. There was something that even in the midst of such a hard life, she radiated beauty and joy. What I found was JESUS! At 6-years-old, my mom shared that Jesus with me and my life was forever changed!

She truly is the hands and feet of Christ in this world and not a day goes by that I don't thank my God for the incredible blessing of that precious soul....my mom!

"Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing, But a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised."
Proverbs 31:30 (NKJV)


No comments:

Post a Comment