I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Sunday, November 17, 2013

~ A Holy Virus ~

I've been feeling like I'm trying to catch some sort of nasty virus for the last week. Working in a preschool and living in crazy temperatures (snow one day and hot & sunny the next) almost guarantees some kind of virus making a visit. Nothing serious, just the yucky sinus pressure and sore throat that are trying to rear their ugly heads and to be honest...I just don't have time to be sick. Lol!

I stayed home from my Sunday evening Bible class tonight tying to catch some much needed rest. These last couple of weeks have been extremely exhausting and with a week and a half till Thanksgiving break, I still have a lot on my plate. Tonight though, I took a sinus pill, jumped in my big comfy bed, and just immersed myself in God's word! Wow! That was the best medicine I could ever take! (Talking about God's Word here not the sinus pill! Haha!)

Flipping through those pages brings such excitement in me! Reading the very words of my Savior sometimes is almost more than I can take! His promises, his guidance, his truth! How He nourishes me with those words when my soul is hungry! How he quenches the thirst of my heart when it's parched and dry. Only He can truly satisfy!

Wow!

O, how I love studying the Word! The more I study and learn, the deeper I desire to go! Lord, take me deeper in YOU!

Tonight, I prayed for other women to join me in going deeper. God placed a burning desire in me a couple years ago to see women grow more passionate in their faith in Christ. To see women grow so in love with their Savior that every life around them is changed because of it.

What is required?

A commitment to go "all in" for Christ! A commitment to study, to learn, to seek wisdom, to die to self, to be courageous, to share it with others!

So, as tonight I try and rid myself of a sinus cold and virus creeping in, my heart prays intently that more and more women will catch hold of the holy virus that God is calling us to! A virus to go deeper in His Word and so contagious that lives around us are changed forever!

ALL IN!!

"God has breathed life into all of Scripture. It is useful for teaching us what is true. It is useful for correcting our mistakes. It is useful for making our lives whole again. It is useful for training us to do what is right. By using Scripture, a man of God can be completely prepared to do every good thing."
2 Timothy 3:16-17 (NIRV)

"But be sure to fear the Lord and faithfully serve him. Think of all the wonderful things he has done for you."
1 Samuel 12:24 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment