I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Friday, November 15, 2013

~ Be the Blessing Today ~


Good Friday morning! This is probably the one day in the work week that people actually get up in a fairly decent mood because the weekend is just on the horizon! Lol! The countdown begins and everyone is looking forward to cutting off the alarm clock for the weekend.

I took the week off of Facebook and finally logged back in this morning. No, I didn't go anywhere for revolt against it. Haha! This was a week that my Jesus called me to a "time-out" to step away from other distractions and spend more time with him. It was a call to stay in an attitude of prayer and praise to him through some burdens on my heart. O, how I love him so much! When things don't make sense here on this earth (and many things don't) and the path seems foggy and unclear, sometimes we have to step away in solitude and get raw before The Lord. We have to lay it all out before him and find comfort that he sees it clearly and will guide us through. Comfort in knowing that even though he doesn't always calm the storm, he certainly calms his child in the midst of it! Isn't he AMAZING? So, I'm thankful for the extra time with him! I love to be in his presence alone and give him praise! It's been a blessed week!

It's good to be back to my awesome Facebook community and have the opportunity to pray for you today! I take those prayer requests very seriously and you can rest assured that they are taken before the very throne of God on your behalf! So my friends, how can I pray for you?

The Lord woke me many times through the night and kept reminding me to be the blessing today! You know, I love my sleep! Hahaha! It's true! I'm not a night owl and one evening this week I do believe I was sound asleep at 9:00. Lol! But last night The Lord kept waking me up. I prayed through it so I would not get bitter. He can be a little bossy! Hahaha! But every time he kept telling me to be the blessing and He brought scriptures to my heart. So my day just began really early! Lol!

You may ask, "How can I be a blessing to someone today?" Well, I'm glad you asked!

As you get out of that warm cozy bed today (probably not so willingly, lol!), make your spouse a cup of coffee, make your kids a special breakfast or just leave them a love note in their book bags to remind that you love them. As you go to your special coffee house this morning and rattle off your very detailed coffee drink order to your barista, offer a blessing to the patron behind you and pay for theirs or leave your barista a nice tip. If you run through the bagel or donut shop for a special, "It's Friday and I deserve it breakfast", bless someone today with a morning smile or even breakfast and remind them of the treasure they are to their Maker. When you enter the workplace, offer a smile and encouraging word to your coworkers instead of the usual grumpy "it's too cold, it's too early" mumblings that typically get uttered. When you encounter a perfect stranger today in the grocery store line, smile and strike up a small conversation about how amazing your God is!

There are so many ways to be the blessing today! It doesn't have to be a monetary thing but God calls us all to be encouragers. Opportunities all around us today to be the hands and feet of Jesus! How exciting is that??

I'm ready, Lord! All for YOU today!

How can you be the blessing to someone else today?

"Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."
Proverbs 16:24 (NIV)

"Worry weighs a person down; an encouraging word cheers a person up.
Proverbs 12:25 (NLT)

"Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ."
1 Corinthians 11:1 (NIV)

"So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing."
1 Thessalonians 5:11 (NLT)



No comments:

Post a Comment