I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Counting My Blessings

Today has been one of those days! You know what I'm talking about right?

And it's not even over yet! Lol!

Five staff members out sick, every sub called in, book fair in full force (with a special event at the book fair), new employee starting today, phone lines ringing off the hook, child throwing up in the hallway right at dismissal, tearing the book fair down for Wednesday night services so we can put it all back up in the morning, and my hubby taking the car in for brakes service and informs me that it costs double what was planned.

Shhheeeewwwww......

But in the quiet of this moment (and, yes, it's quiet right at this very moment, lol!), my thoughts go to all the blessings of this day:

Amazing women that I get to work with who love and minister to these preschoolers and their families.

The cutest preschoolers you've ever seen that are so full of life and their families who are such an encouragement.

My almost 13-year-old daughter, whom I drug out of bed at 6:45 to come run the book fair for me and she did so with such a sweet heart and a beautiful smile (even through a crash course in running the cash register).

Laughter throughout the day with my coworkers after crying together this morning over some heartbreaking news.

My awesome hubby for reminding me that God will always provide our needs even when we are shocked with unexpected expenses.

My son, Ben, for taking over Caleb's English lesson today and doing an amazing job!

For Caleb giving me a big hug and asking me how my day was.

And for a God who comforts me through it all, loves me through it all, and gives me strength for the journey!

You see, as crazy as this day was, God sweetly reminded me of His presence. He comforted me with His Word as scriptures would come to my heart often. Though I'm sure I didn't get it all right today, He gives me encouragement and opens my eyes to see all the amazing blessings that are there even through the chaos.

Now, I'm off to finish out this day and I go forward in praise to my God and continue counting my blessings! 😊

"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever."
Psalms 118:1 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment