I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Sunday, November 28, 2010

"I See Stars"

I am constantly amazed at God’s great creation! Just looking at trees, flowers, mountains, the beach, or anything in nature takes my breath away. God’s majestic earth leaves me utterly speechless (and I am not one to be at a loss for words, just ask my family!) One night, several months ago, after we got home from church, we were so in awe of the moon and stars. After the days of rain we had endured, seeing the moon brighten the sky and the many stars brought us all a lot of joy. As we pulled into the driveway and were making our ways out of the van, we were still marveling at the heavens. I told everyone to stop a minute and lie down on the ground so we could get a better look. So there we were lying on the warm concrete of our driveway with thousands of stars shining so brightly that we felt as though we were floating in the heavens! It was glorious! We shared together what a wonderful Creator we have and how only he knew how many stars there were. (The kids tried to count them but were not very successful.) He placed each star in the heavens and holds them there! We all know the story of creation very well and that on the 4th day is when God made the stars. But to bring myself to scripture again to go over the creation story made me love him even more!

Genesis 1:16 “God made two great lights - the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars.”

WOW! He is so awesome! But what struck me was in verse 31:

“God saw all that he had made, and it was very good.”

God made us! You see, “it was very good”! God loves us so much and has such pride in his creation!

Praise God this week for his wonderful creation! As we wrap up the Thanksgiving weekend may we continually stay in an attitude of thankfulness. Take time to enjoy and marvel in all that he made and remember that we are his creation too! Celebrate your life in him!

Have a blessed week!

Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment