I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Sunday, January 30, 2011

~ Rainbows ~


Don’t you find great comfort in the promises God has for us in his Word? I know during these uncertain times when everyone is making promises; we can’t always count on them. It is as if making a promise to someone has lost some of it’s’ credibility. It is a sad thing to admit but nonetheless true. I do know that God’s Word is full of promises that have been kept and are still holding firm. Now that is something to ponder. Promises from man don’t always follow through, but promises from our God are etched forever in his Word!

I have always been fascinated with God’s creation. The way he uses a blank canvas everyday to paint us a beautiful picture in the sky, has always been one of my favorite things to look at. Every morning on the way to school, we look for the magnificent artwork God has designed just for us to enjoy that day. Special are the days when we see a rainbow in the sky. I would always tell the kids that when we see a rainbow, to remember that he placed it there to remind us of his wonderful promises. Then we list as many of God’s promises as we can. Now the kids are always looking for those beautiful rainbows. One day I was at the store having some pictures developed and I came across a beautiful picture of a double rainbow. The day I took that picture, we were driving to my mom’s house right before I left for a preschool conference and the kids, all at the same time, started screaming in the car. Good thing I was on a back street because I just about ran off the road. They pointed to this magnificent double rainbow and we were just in awe! I pulled off the road to take a picture of it and Ben reminded us that day of God’s promises. He said that we had received a double promise!

I referred back to scripture when God placed the rainbow in the sky for Noah. After all that Noah endured, he remained obedient and faithful and God protected him and his family. He tells Noah in,

Gen. 9:12-17 “And God said, This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth. So God said to Noah, This is the sign of the covenant I have established between me and all life on the earth.”

This promise is not just for Noah, but for all life on earth! God keeps his promises! When we can’t be sure of anything else, we can be sure that God keeps his promises. We all love to see a rainbow, they are definitely beautiful, but sometimes we take for granted the significance of the rainbow. Take some time this week to write down promises from God’s Word. There are so many, but you will discover as I have, that in a world of uncertainties, his promises are forever!

Focus and celebrate this verse during the week,

Genesis 9:14-15a “Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind.”

Blessings~

Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment