I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Beginning Advent Season



On this first day of Advent, may we celebrate the true meaning of Christmas...the birth of the Messiah! Let's put our focus and attention on what that means for us today. God sent his Son down to earth as a baby, in flesh and blood to fulfill his purpose. That purpose was to pay the penalty for you and me on the cross. He took our sin, died a cruel death but then defeated death and the grave and IS returning for us one day soon! That's right....he came not just as a baby but as a mighty Rescuer! Hallelujah!

As we truly begin the Christmas season, make time to celebrate with your family. Read the scriptures together, pray together, and worship together. Don't let this season slip by as just another Christmas. Prepare today for worshiping our Savior in a way like never before. Ask God to renew afresh this season of Advent.

Let's celebrate the birth of Jesus, the precious Christ child, but let's also look with hopeful anticipation of His second coming....when He returns for HIS children!

~ But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord.~
Luke 2:10-11 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment