I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Celebration of Advent


Our family began a new tradition last year to celebrate Advent. We have always focused on the true meaning of Christmas in our home, as this is a time to celebrate the birth of Jesus, the Messiah, in Bethlehem. Sure, we have our fun traditions of Christmas and will continue. We love to bake cookies, sing fun Christmas songs, and buy gifts.  But this was a way to focus our attention even more on the celebration of Jesus birth, the first coming, and also look in great anticipation for his second coming, when he returns for his bride!

I am excited to begin this again tomorrow on the first Sunday of Advent. It was a wonderful time as a family last year as it made us pause and share scripture together, pray together, and celebrate together what God has done and is doing now. A beautiful time of expectation and remembrance!

Here is a little video by LifeWay that explains a little about the Advent season.

Click on the link below:


No comments:

Post a Comment