I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

My Prayer Today


Lord, today, help me keep my focus on YOU! This world is a dark place filled with hate but I am reminded of what you did on Calvary where love overshadowed all hate any human could muster. By stretching out your arms on a cross and feeling the sting of death all because of my sin and my ugliness, you displayed a love that conquered hate. Your sacrifice is the reason I live and am free today to walk this earth and share your love with others. A love that will overwhelm our souls and help us understand that there is hope. YOU are HOPE! Your love is better than life and today, precious Lord, I praise YOU! You tell me in your word that there will be a day where there are no more tears, no more sadness and today, I am reminded that this world is NOT my home. I am just passing through on my way to eternity with you my Abba Father. Help me to be a light in this dark world until you call me home or return for me. This world needs more light. This world needs more hope. This world needs more Jesus.
Today, sweet Lord, help others see YOU in me. You are Peace. You are Love. You are Hope. You are LIFE and today....I PRAISE AND WORSHIP YOU!
"But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed. We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to our own way; and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all."
Isaiah 53:5-6 (NIV)
“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
John 16:33 (NIV)
"He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever.”
Revelation 21:4 (NLT)
“Here’s another way to put it: You’re here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world. God is not a secret to be kept. We’re going public with this, as public as a city on a hill. If I make you light-bearers, you don’t think I’m going to hide you under a bucket, do you? I’m putting you on a light stand. Now that I’ve put you there on a hilltop, on a light stand—shine! Keep open house; be generous with your lives. By opening up to others, you’ll prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in heaven."
Matthew 5:14-16 (MSG)

No comments:

Post a Comment