I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Celebrating my Mom!


Today, I am so thankful for my mom!
She is the picture of grace and love and I always know that she will lead me straight to scripture in any situation I face. Whether we talk several times a day or if it's been several days since we talked, she is never quick to judge or condemn but only to encourage and lift up. She gives daily to her family, her friends, her church and those she doesn't even know because her heart is to share the love of Christ with all. Though her means are not vast, she gives so freely of what she does have and her time is spent in constant ministry to the needs of others. Her wisdom and guidance truly exemplify the heart of Jesus and God uses her in mighty ways in my life and the lives of so many others. If there was ever a human being born without a selfish bone in their body, it would be her.
You may be asking why am I writing all this?
Well, because my mom has touched my life so deeply and set such an example of what a woman of God should be. But also this week she will celebrate her 70th birthday and I just felt it necessary to share some of the amazing things about my mom. My mom is not on Facebook but I can tell you this....her face is always in "the Book". Her love for God and his Word have made a huge impact on my life. I love calling her up to share what the Lord has shown me in the Word and being able to share that excitement with my mom. I love that she always points every situation in my life back to scripture, whether good or bad. I love that she loves my husband as her own son and is an incredible granny to my children, even Louie. Ha! I love that she has such an open home to all who need a place of rest or comfort. I love that she doesn't let her past and hurts define her but chooses to walk in victory of what God has done in her life. I love that she has embraced this modern technology of texting (even though it has been hard. Haha!) and is quick to send me text of encouragement and scripture almost daily. I love that she embraces this life that God has blessed her with. Even though many things in her life most would not see as blessings, she has found the blessing in it all.
I have looked back over her life in preparation of her special day and my heart fills with gratitude to my God for blessing me with the MOST AMAZING mother but also blessing the world with her presence. This world is definitely a better place because she is in it. She is the epitome of the Proverbs 31 woman and I am blessed immensely. My prayer today is that I can be even a portion of the amazing woman of God that she is and that others will see Christ in me as I see in her.
Mom, I love you and I thank you for just being YOU!
"Her children arise and call her blessed"
"She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy."
"She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come."
"She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue."
"She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness."
"Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all.”
"Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised."
"Honor her for all that her hands have done, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate."
Proverbs 31


No comments:

Post a Comment