I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Thursday, May 25, 2017

He Really is all We Need!

How do you rightfully sum up a year that changed your life in just one front porch pondering session with Jesus?

Well, I don't think I can...

I was thankful to come out to the porch this morning and dry off the rocker to spend time with Jesus. Even more thankful the temperature was still in the 60s and the humidity was so low at only 95%. Lol! 😬 There is always such calm after a storm. The gentle breeze is delightful and goes right along with my reflections. 

I guess I've been reflecting a lot this week. Remembering where I was just a little over a year ago walking a path that had nothing on it yet, except a lot of dreams, prayers and, to be honest, many fears. There's a lot of questions on an empty path and loneliness too. But as God keeps reminding you that He sees the whole path and that my job is to just trust Him and walk forward, you realize so many things you never knew and see more of the heart of God! He really is all we need!

I looked out in the auditorium the other night into the faces of the families of Seacoast and God gave me a gentle squeeze and said,

"Look what I did!" 

These were not just faces of random people. These were families that I remembered every tour, meeting, and phone call. Hearing their story and being honored and entrusted to pour into their precious children. These were families that have become part of my family. A bond through a beginning year where it took great faith to entrust their child to us, a new school, and where it took great faith in us that God would do as He promised and bring them in. 

Great is HIS faithfulness!

I love our growing family!

So today, I'll finish this time of reflection and my cup of coffee and head in to work to tie up loose ends. Still hard to believe I'm wrapping it up when its been front and center for all these months. Then I'll take the weekend off with my family as we take this thankful living venture with great intentionality. 

Yes, I'll take a deep sigh and probably even cry some more at the goodness of God through some really hard days and some even greater days. But then I'll hit the ground running next week, continuing on to what God has in store, trusting Him with every step as He lights the way. Lots to do! Lots to pray over! But knowing He's got this! It's ALL His!

He is amazing God and the best is yet to come!

“No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love him.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭2:9‬


No comments:

Post a Comment